Taper Madness Forum Index Taper Madness
Embrace the Madness! Marathon Training...and much more!!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Puppies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Ls

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Puppies Reply with quote

$10 each.

I've got the cash right here.

4 weeks alone in the house with 4 unruly pups (ok they're 9 months old, practically dogs now) trying to work, keep the house in order and (gasp) get out of the house once in a while) while hubby tends the tree farm in NC.

Ready for immediate pickup. Did I mention the $10?

Yup it's been a bad day.
kent

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you should C.O.D.?

Running slow40 Hazelnut Butter Rutabagas Bulgur - the new tofu brussels sprouts ART Neti Pot 16 cool.
"I was a good kid, but it just seemed that most of the things I did were either stupid or illegal, go figure." - Evil Don
2Ls

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special pick-up pricing - 3 for $25. I guess I'll keep one around so hubby doesn't realize there's a few missing.
Scuba

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been dying to know what possessed you to get FOUR puppies at once? They are adorable, but, um, are you out of your mind? Wink I'm sure they make you laugh every day (except when picking up four times the poop!).
2Ls

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o, sit back and enjoy the story.

2013 was a tough year for the Tribbles. In January we had to send Blacky, my former running buddy and best dog ever over the Rainbow Bridge. Then within a few weeks in August, Oscar the Pig went to the great bbq in the sky, and Socks the Big-Headed Kitty lost his war with his kidneys.

The house was suddenly pretty quiet with just Ricky (my remaining cat) so we were pondering who to invite into the house. In late September, Keith found an ad on Craig's list with the cutest little beagle/lab mix puppies. We had had a beagle in the past and these guys were cute!

So we got in the car and drove to Ocala (over an hour) to meet the puppies. 10 in the litter. Keith wanted to have a male, and the foster mama pointed at one of the two yellow ones left and said "There's the male" so I bent over and this little yellow furball climbed onto me and fell asleep. Immediate adoption!

Meanwhile there's three or four black&tan puppies licking Keith, one was very persistent and Keith said "you know, two is just as easy as one, and they'll have each other to play with" Meaning, you got your dog and I want my own.

So, we went home with two puppies, debating their names. I thought the black one should be Penny but Keith nixed that, and we agreed on Bailey for the female black&tan and Rudy for our little yellow boy dog.

Next morning we took Rudy and Bailey to the vet, got all the prelim paperwork filled in; Bailey with a pink file and Rudy with a blue one. The vet comes in and looks at the file, then at the puppies, then at the files, then holds up the puppies and says "which one is the male?" Whoops both are female! we were so excited the night before we didn't realize we took home the wrong puppy!

Keith was disappointed because he REALLY wanted one of them to be male. He called the breeder back and she confirmed, yes we took home the wrong one, we are welcome to bring the other back and make an exchange.

Only we had already given this one a name.

Keith drove back to Ocala that night to pick up puppy #3. I went to bed, and woke up to a call... "I'm on my way home, and I was thinking about the names. I'm ok with Penny after all" I answered back "but now she thinks her name is Bailey and so does the vet" "We can talk about it when I get home with the new puppy."

Keith comes in with puppy #3, the yellow male we originally thought we had picked. SO I'm all cuddly with him; Keith goes back to the garage to get the kennel. He brings it in the house and there's Penny! When he went to get Bo (the male) by that time there was just one puppy left (out of original 10) and he couldn't leave her by herself.

So we have four from the same litter. It's crazy, fun, challenging and last week a little frustrating. Thank goodness we're over the house-training! We're ok on manners, a little behind on leash training. Yesterday they had their first swimming lesson.

Oh and they are at war with the squirrels in the yard.
Scuba

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an awesome story!! Thanks for sharing. Smile I'm jealous of all that puppy love!
Babs

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it!
But you already know that!
Maniac #1016
And Charlie.
no twitch muscles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story - I especially like the part where they are at war with the squirrels.
2Ls

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offer rescinded!!!

- first because they are no longer puppies @ 11 months I think they are dogs now.

- and second because they are just angels. Left them alone today for 6 1/2 hours and no messes, nothing chewed up, nothing destroyed.

I love my pack!
Babs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh! We have been babysitting one of my grandpuppies! Fun and busy time.
Maniac #1016
And Charlie.
1L

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good - I was worried. Why didn't Keith take them up to SC to the woods?

They are the sandbaggers, we are the sandbags - No Twitch Muscles 11/17/07

Marathon Total: 46; States: 26; Provinces: 1; Countries: 2

Maniac #795
2Ls

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no fences (yet) on our tree farm (and it's Aberdeen NC) besides they seem to enjoy the air conditioning! Keith would probably want to hitch them to a bush hog to pull logs out of the woods Smile

Did I mention how good they are? Yesterday they barked at the water man, the UPS delivery guy, and our neighbor while he was mowing. Can't wait for tomorrow night - if the neighbors are putting on a fireworks show I don't want my pups to miss a thing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taper Madness Forum Index -> Madness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: