Taper Madness Forum Index Taper Madness
Embrace the Madness! Marathon Training...and much more!!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanna help Russ kick cancer's arse?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scuba

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Wanna help Russ kick cancer's arse? Reply with quote

Our friend Russ is racing the last of his six races in six weeks this weekend. He's doing it to help raise funds for cancer. I know cancer has touched this group very closely too many times. If you're inclined to support him, here's the scoop as Russ shared it on FB:

In the past few years, I've seen people I know fight cancer; I've seen friends lose family members to cancer; and I know people battling now. The one thing we can all agree on is that cancer is a sonofabitch of a disease that does not discriminate. So I want to do something in honor of those that are fighting, those that have fought and won, and those that have lost the battle.

I'm going to compete in 6 races in 6 weeks and raise money for two charities. It begins on September 8 - five will be triathlons and the last will be the Baltimore Half Marathon. Although I've decided that anyone who makes a donation can vote on whether I should run the half marathon or the full marathon.

To donate:
The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults

The V Foundation

If so inclined, you can read more at http://challenge2help.wordpress.com/
All the details of the races and charities can be found in the tabs at the top.

Go, Russ, go!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taper Madness Forum Index -> Madness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: