Taper Madness Forum Index Taper Madness
Embrace the Madness! Marathon Training...and much more!!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The good old days

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scuba

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: The good old days Reply with quote

I am feeling a particularly strong urge for the old days of Hal's boards and then, TM. The Facebook group just doesn't feel the same to me. Too many people I don't know or have time to get to know at this point in time. I know that sounds rude and I don't mean it that way. I just really loved having our solid core of "regulars" who actively shared stories, motivation, requests for karma and prayers, humor, and support for all things, not just running aspirations. The wisdom shared by this group was amazing, eye-opening, and informative - the best movie reviews, book and music suggestions, and differing perspectives on politics, which were generally discussed with decency and respect. There are many things my simple brain would have never have learned if it wasn't for many of you. All of that to say, I miss my TM community, and thanks, as always.

I haven't been a runner in years, but I remember how running and many of you brought me out of a major funk in 2004, something for which I will forever be grateful. Now, 12 years later, after marriage, two kids, a job change, a new house, increased stress, hugely increased consumption of chocolate and Coke, no exercise, and way too little sleep, I found myself just this morning reflecting back to 2004. I need to save myself from the bad habits I've developed and start taking care of myself. God knows, I need to be strong enough to chase after my small kids (WTH was I thinking?). And, I need to be strong enough to have the energy to lead by example and help to keep our country a place that I can happily and peacefully leave my children.

I think I'll go for a shuffle this weekend. Cheers!
Christine / Scuba
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taper Madness Forum Index -> Madness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: