Taper Madness Forum Index Taper Madness
Embrace the Madness! Marathon Training...and much more!!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Anniversary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Ls

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Happy Anniversary Reply with quote

I just realized, it's been 10 years since I was introduced to this group (the old Do It boards) after a long training run for MCM. I remember there were lots of V-Teamers there that year. My question I think was about that damn bridge and the time cutoff. . . and we all know what happened to me on race day...

SO,,, in 10 years time, Do It boards to Hal's page's, to this place and now??? is everyone on FB but we're just not organized into a private group yet?

We've seen marriages, breakups, births, deaths, Farnk lubing his -er-junk, "Bob"bing, and Julio about to do Ironman. Wonder what the next 10 years will bring?

Anyways, many of you I've met, many more I have not. Yet. Thanks for the past 10 years and happy running (or not) to everyone !
kent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy anniversary all! Definitely been some very good times, both on the boards and in person. Some really good threads, and some threads that really tested us. But time moves on, as do people. Here's to all that still drop by here once in a while, and to those that have moved on but left their mark on us.

Running slow40 Hazelnut Butter Rutabagas Bulgur - the new tofu brussels sprouts ART Neti Pot 16 cool.
"I was a good kid, but it just seemed that most of the things I did were either stupid or illegal, go figure." - Evil Don
littlewally and farnk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10?
I might have to do a reenactment!

Happy anniversary for sure!!
1L

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, how time flies! I've lived in four different houses and two states in that time. I just hope that we don't let this die as it will always have a special place in my heart and every time I race, I think about all of you.

See you soon in Cleveland, 2Ls! Can't wait!

They are the sandbaggers, we are the sandbags - No Twitch Muscles 11/17/07

Marathon Total: 46; States: 26; Provinces: 1; Countries: 2

Maniac #795
Babs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 1L. I hope tapermadness stays.... It has been about 10 years for me too. You use to be able to go to Do it but haven't been in years.
Maniac #1016
And Charlie.
Scuba

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made my way to Hal's old Do-It-Sports V-Team board in February 2003, when I was panicked about missing an 18 mile run. My life has changed a ton since then, in all the ways Michelle mentioned, and I've appreciated the support and love that my virtual, but very real, friends have given me.

There have been many amazingly fun times with so many of you since then. I haven't been much of a runner for the last five years, but I hope to change that in the coming months and I would LOVE nothing more than to gather with old friends for a race somewhere. Maybe a fun half marathon in the spring? Maybe I could even bring Mr. Scuba and Scubette!

As has been said, even though the traffic is very slow here these days, it does seem that we come back in times of big crisis or big joy, which is a sign that this is, indeed, still a special group.

Cheers to many more TM gatherings, large or small.

Christine
Frian Barmer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google " can I have my nipples removed " and you will see my very first V-Team post.
littlewally and farnk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frian Barmer wrote:
Google " can I have my nipples removed " and you will see my very first V-Team post.

Got that as my bumper sticker!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taper Madness Forum Index -> Madness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: