Taper Madness Forum Index Taper Madness
Embrace the Madness! Marathon Training...and much more!!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 305

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan F

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Garmin 305 Reply with quote

I think my Garmin 305 is finally worn out. It will come on, pick up satellites, then turn off a couple of minutes later.

I did a hard reset and it will come on but when I try to scroll through the runs to see a certain run it turns off.

I want something similar to the 305- what are you guys using these days? Is it similar to the 305?
However hard you compete, run for fun. Make running a major part of a full life but not the whole. Run because you like it. To keep the joy of running will help you run faster than a platoon of analysts and a bagful of gadgets. - Jim Gerwick- Running Times- December 2004
Tom L

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No help here as I just use a pretty simple Timex that keeps track of split times and total time for the entire run and that's about it.
2Ls

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminder, Alan, I have one of those around here somewhere - should probably juice it up and see if it still works. I haven't cared too much about pace in so long... but I still hate how big it is.
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beginning to look into the Timex 2.0 watches. Getting some decent reviews.
evil don

Location: Close to my own Margaritaville, The Haliburton Forest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my 305 ... apparently you can replace the battery but I wouldn't count on waterproof after that. I just (still on it's first charge) got a Suunto Ambit2 ... The nice thing about it is that you can wear it as a watch. In watch mode it only needs to be recharged every 30-50 days. Lots of the runners I know up here LOVE their Ambits. I'm giving this a whirl and will let you know how I feel in a while once I get a chance to put it through it's paces. The 305 is still one of the best GPS's I've ever used so I would (and will) try to resurrect it if possible.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I'm God's Own Drunk and a fearless man!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Taper Madness Forum Index -> Madness All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: